Working abroad can be an exciting and rewarding experience, but it can also present some unique challenges when it comes to maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
If you or your employees are planning to work overseas it is important to stay healthy and have private medical cover in place in case the unexpected happens.
Depending on the country you’re working in, healthcare may not be easily accessible or of a high quality. Having international private health insurance can provide you with access to quality healthcare services and facilities, including inpatient hospital treatment, emergency care, and specialist consultations. HCI Group offers flexible policies for every scanario, taking the stress away from you and your overseas employees.
Some countries require visitors to have health insurance as a condition of entry, and having international private health insurance from HCI Group can help ensure that you meet these requirements.
International private health insurance can provide valuable coverage and peace of mind when working abroad, and it is worth considering as part of your overall company benefits package.
Tips for keeping healthy while working abroad
- Stay active: Make an effort to exercise regularly, whether it’s going to the gym, taking a walk, or doing some yoga. This will help you maintain your physical and mental health and also help you adjust to the new environment.
- Eat well: Pay attention to what you eat and make sure you’re getting a balanced diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables. Try to avoid eating too much junk food and eating out too often.
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water throughout the day, especially if you’re in a hot climate. This will help you avoid dehydration and keep you feeling energized.
- Get enough sleep: Make sure you’re getting enough sleep each night to help your body recover and stay healthy. Try to stick to a consistent sleep schedule as much as possible.
- Take breaks: It’s important to take breaks throughout the day to avoid burnout and keep your mind and body refreshed. Take a walk, read a book, or just take a few minutes to relax and recharge.
- Stay connected: It can be easy to feel isolated when working abroad, so make an effort to stay connected with family and friends back home. This will help you stay emotionally healthy and provide a support system when you need it.
If you are interested in discussing a group policy for your overseas employees please contact Jerome.Newman@healthcareinternational.com